As a Business Development Professional, you will strive to grow our business through supporting our total solutions approach to treating water within the new construction and existing accounts market channels. You will collaborate with our Technical Support Team to ensure we solve customer problems using the most suitable chemistry and apply it safely and correctly to guarantee the best result possible within the industry. Our high-performance standard leads to a high level of customer satisfaction resulting in market growth through the combination of customer retention and strong endorsements..
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the new construction market channel by designing water conditioning equipment, chemical dosing, monitoring and control systems for use in steam boiler, cooling tower and closed loop applications. All applications utilize Guardian treatment chemistry, providing long-term value by minimizing operating costs and maximizing asset life which decreases the total cost of ownership for our customers. Target markets include healthcare, government infrastructure and prominent commercial facilities.
- Support the Guardian Water Sales Team by assisting with existing customer upgrades involving equipment and data technologies that increase customer value through improving the effectiveness of chemical water treatment programs.
- Manage the Guardian standardized equipment product line through maintaining OEM and supplier relationships. Identify the most suitable products for our target market and develop a private label program which supports process and consistency in our offering.
- Grow the target market by pursuing all customer types where innovative approaches to chemistry improve results and benefit health, safety, and the environment.
- Obtain a deep understanding of the customer business and collaborate in marketing efforts to evolve our product offering to maintain competitive advantage.
- Understand, interpret, and communicate chemical analysis reports to key customer contacts including management and engineering teams.
What you will bring:
- A proven track record acquiring new customers or participating strongly in the profitable growth of a territory.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills to build strong internal and external relationships.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Self-starter with the ability to get multiple tasks done including balancing existing customer demands with growth goals for territory expansion.
- Positive attitude with the ability to connect and communicate with a diverse range of client contacts.
- A strong mechanical aptitude and the desire to be in a hands-on role.
- Excellent organizational, planning, problem solving, decision making and time management skills.
- Physical capability to manage stairs, ladders, and some moderate lifting (up to 50lbs).
- Excellent computer skills that include the use of MS Office Suite of products.
- Post-secondary education in Science or Engineering is considered an asset but is not required.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to work at safety sensitive customer sites where the customer may require drug (including cannabis) and alcohol testing as well as require the employee to be clean shaven for proper emergency respirator fitting.
Better Chemistry for a Better Future.
We believe that we can create a better future for our communities, customers and employees by doing chemistry better. When we create safer, more efficient, more environmentally responsible chemistry and apply it using the best people and technology available we can make a huge impact.
With over 60 years of research & development driven progress in specialty chemistry, Guardian Chemicals has worked hard to earn our reputation as a leader in the space. Our team, unified through their share vision and core values, work together to support our customers and the industries they serve to drive a cleaner, safer, and more efficient industry forward.
Based in Sturgeon County, Alberta, Guardian provides direct chemical, equipment, and specialized service technologists to a large variety of primary and secondary industries throughout Canada, the USA, and internationally. Guardian currently has three main divisions: industrial, water treatment, and wood products.
Here is what the role will offer you:
- An opportunity to use your experience and expertise to make a positive impact on the customers business and the planet resources.
- Access to technical and commercial training to grow your career potential.
- A culture where safety is paramount.
- Autonomy to work from a home base in an independent manner to manage your work-life balance.
- An environment of accountability where rewards are aligned with results and customer success.
Interested applicants can forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com We thank all those who apply, but we will only contact applicants selected for an interview
Our Core Values
At Guardian Chemicals, we pride ourselves on being an innovative, purpose driven organization that is making a real impact on the people and the environment around us. We have ambitious growth goals and an energized team executing on our strategy every day. As an organization is only as strong as its people, it is important that each and every person not only share our core values, but take ownership over their role and the impact that they have on the company. We strive to create a high trust, high performance, and fun work environment for all of our employees.
1. Seek Understanding – Ask, Listen, Absorb
2. Growth Mindset – Always looking to develop
3. Initiative – Take the first step, go beyond
4. Grit – perseverance through determination
5. Courage – Try what scares you, trust those around you, say what matters
6. Elevate Others – Create heroes in those around you.
At Guardian Chemicals, We Believe Diversity & Inclusion Drive Innovation
- We are committed to the celebration of cultural differences, personal and professional values, and how these contribute to our culture and the communities we serve.
- We understand that everyone has strengths, and we embrace those strengths.
- We nurture the growth of each of our employees and empower our teams supporting our core values.
- We are a proud participant of the 50 – 30 Challenge - an initiative specializing in the recruitment of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is essential.