Location: Sturgeon County
We’re growing and need talented people like you to help realize our vision of Better Chemistry for a Better Future. We create safer, more efficient, more environmentally responsible chemistry and apply it using the best people and technology to create a better future for our communities, customers, and employees.
Throughout your internship you will support our four main business departments: Sales and Sales Operations, Purchasing and Supply Chain Management, Finance and Administration, and Marketing. You will work in-depth in each department for a 6-month period, be mentored by a team member in each department and supported by your manager to ensure a valuable and productive learning experience. During this time, you will receive focused training, engage in team meetings, complete projects and present your results.
What you will do
- Bring a fresh perspective and identify business improvements while completing internal projects to deliver customer outcomes.
- Learn internal software systems and assist with the completion of various projects and tasks.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and network with business leaders
- Learn and expand your skillset through regular coaching and mentoring to successfully complete assigned projects.
- Comply with all Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) standard and procedures.
What you will bring
- Recent grad with a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Technology, Operations, Management or STEM-related program and GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 out of 4.0 or equivalent.
- Effective English language oral and written communication skills
- Positive driven attitude, team player with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Self-starter with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Excellent organizational, planning, problem-solving, decision making and time management skills
- Ability to assimilate, analyze and facilitate information sharing
- Excellent computer skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent work habits
- Be able to legally work in Canada
- Be able to commute for the duration of your placement (valid driver’s license required)
The ideal candidate will have a dynamic personality and a keen eye for detail. They will be capable of identifying problems, opportunities to increase efficiency and be accountable for their role within the organization.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We thank all applicants but will only contact those selected for an interview.
About the Company
We Believe in Chemistry Done Better, For a Better Future. Established in 1960, we have earned a reputation for excellence founded on a commitment to cutting-edge chemistry, meaningful service, and innovative solutions.
Based in Sturgeon County, Alberta, Guardian Chemicals is a recognized leader in the specialty chemical industry. We take the time to send our industry experts on-site to understand customer challenges. We don’t simply develop solutions and applications that work—we constantly test to discover product and process improvements, and make sure we deliver beyond stakeholder expectations.
We pride ourselves on being an innovative, purpose-driven organization making a real impact on the world. We have ambitious growth goals and an energized team executing our strategy every day. But we’re only as strong as our people—it’s critical that each person share our core values, take ownership of their role and the impact they have on the company. We create a high trust, high performance, and fun work environment for all—and we’d love to have you join.
Our Core Values
Our culture is built on our six shared core values – Compassion – see the person behind the role; Gets It – help when needed, support when necessary, success when done right. Many roles but one team, one dream. Coach, Teach, Support. Success through the support of others; Driven – purposeful, determined, relentless; Professional – deliver the best-in-class product, no shortcuts; Integrity – always take the high road. We are proud of every decision we make; Problem Solver – find the resources, find a way, get it done.
At Guardian Chemicals, We Believe Diversity & Inclusion Drive Innovation
- We are committed to the celebration of cultural differences, personal and professional values, and how these contribute to our culture and the communities we serve.
- We understand that everyone has strengths, and we embrace those strengths.
- We nurture the growth of each of our employees and empower our teams supporting our core values.
- We are a proud participant of the 50 – 30 Challenge - an initiative specializing in the recruitment of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is essential.