Reporting to the Controller, the Accounts Receivable Clerk will be responsible for full cycle accounts receivables and collections supporting Guardian Chemicals and its subsidiary businesses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work independently as well as within a team, share information, and assist others
- Invoicing – prepare, mail, file, and submit various invoices online
- Month-end sales and commissions reports
- Reach out to customers on a regular basis to minimize overdue accounts receivable
- Prepare and send out customer statements
- Month-end A/R reporting
- Perform reconciliations
- Investigate and resolve any irregularities or enquiries
- Assist in general financial management and analysis
- Update year-end A/R files
- Update warehouse transfers and consignment shipments
- Provide support to Assistant Controller/Controller on various accounting tasks as needed
- Complete customer credit references
- Support the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Guardian Chemicals Inc. *Safety First, EH&S Awareness, follow QEHS programs including Quality and EHS Policies
What you will bring:
- Team player with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent computer skills and advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel
- Strong competent knowledge of accounting concepts, accounts receivable in particular
- Extreme attention to detail
- Self-starter with the ability to get multiple tasks done within a workday
- Ability to effectively manage and work with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Positive driven attitude
- Excellent organizational, planning, problem solving, decision making and time management skills
- Ability to assimilate, analyze and facilitate information sharing
- Efficient work habits
- Post secondary accounting education, finance, or business administration related field a plus
- Minimum 3 years’ accounting experience preferred
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.
Better Chemistry for a Better Future.
We believe that we can create a better future for our communities, customers and employees by doing chemistry better. When we create safer, more efficient, more environmentally responsible chemistry and apply it using the best people and technology available we can make a huge impact.
With over 60 years of research & development driven progress in specialty chemistry, Guardian Chemicals has worked hard to earn our reputation as a leader in the space. Our team, unified through their share vision and core values, work together to support our customers and the industries they serve to drive a cleaner, safer, and more efficient industry forward.
Based in Sturgeon County, Alberta, Guardian provides direct chemical, equipment, and specialized service technologists to a large variety of primary and secondary industries throughout Canada, the USA, and internationally. Guardian currently has three main divisions: industrial, water treatment, and wood products.
Our Core Values
At Guardian Chemicals, we pride ourselves on being an innovative, purpose driven organization that is making a real impact on the people and the environment around us. We have ambitious growth goals and an energized team executing on our strategy every day. As an organization is only as strong as its people, it is important that each and every person not only share our core values, but take ownership over their role and the impact that they have on the company. We strive to create a high trust, high performance, and fun work environment for all of our employees.
1. Seek Understanding – Ask, Listen, Absorb
2. Growth Mindset – Always looking to develop
3. Initiative – Take the first step, go beyond
4. Grit – perseverance through determination
5. Courage – Try what scares you, trust those around you, say what matters
6. Elevate Others – Create heroes in those around you.
At Guardian Chemicals, We Believe Diversity & Inclusion Drive Innovation
- We are committed to the celebration of cultural differences, personal and professional values, and how these contribute to our culture and the communities we serve.
- We understand that everyone has strengths, and we embrace those strengths.
- We nurture the growth of each of our employees and empower our teams supporting our core values.
- We are a proud participant of the 50 – 30 Challenge - an initiative specializing in the recruitment of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is essential.